This Page

has been moved to new address

Introducing WOW: Work Out Wednesdays

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: Introducing WOW: Work Out Wednesdays

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Introducing WOW: Work Out Wednesdays

When I shared with my dear friend Natalie that Wednesdays on NTTC would be covering Working Out, I just know she squealed with delight.  My little exerciser on the East Coast, she loves a good workout and likes to cheer me on when I do them. 

Here's a little cartoon of Nat and I on the treadmill.  I'm the redhead... obviously.

(Source)
Nat cleverly identified an acronym for my brand-new Wednesday segment WOW which stands for Work Out Wednesdays.  How cool is that? Keep in mind, it's both acronym and literal to me.... An abbreviation + WOW as in amazement I'm actually posting about working out on the regular!

It's with EXTREME pleasure that I share with you my VERY first WOW edition.  Here goes:

Wednesday, Jan 4 - No workout - Traveled to Boise, then Twin Falls, then back to Boise.  Arrived at hotel by 9pm.  TOO LATE.

Thursday, Jan 5 - 1 hour in the workout room - 35 minutes on the bike, 25 minutes on the treadmill.  Done and done!

Friday, Jan 6 - Amazing workout!  Got home from Boise and hit the gym IMMEDIATELY.  1.5 hour workout... 30 elliptical, 15 minutes treadmill, 15 minutes bike, + arms and legs in the weight room.  BOOYA!

Saturday, Jan 7 - Here's where it gets crazy!  I did a huge workout on Saturday.  It took me forever to get to the Y, but when I got there I did only 10 minutes on the elliptical (I chose a bad elliptical next to a smelly guy.  Couldn't do more than 10 minutes with the stench.)  After that, I did 30 minutes on the bike, and a BUNCH of weights.  Then, I worked my way back to the treadmill.  I wanted a few more minutes of sweating, and somehow, this began:


I just started running.  I was listening to some great music and FINALLY decided to push the "faster" button on the treadmill.  I ran for a total of 5.5 minutes, with some walking inbetween.  Now, that may not sound like much for the intense runners, but for a girl who never runs... it's HUGE!  The remainder of the 20 minutes was spent walking.  Huge BREAKTHROUGH!

Sunday, Jan 8 - 1.5 hours at the gym with treadmill and additional running + bike + weights + elliptical.  I didn't wake up in time to get to the Beginner's Yoga class I planned to do, but we'll get that another time.

Monday, Jan 9 - 35 minutes on the treadmill + 25 minutes on the recumbent bike.  This workout took place at the hotel in Salt Lake City.  Two points for working out on the road!

Tuesday, Jan 10 - My birthday.  I'd honestly planned to NOT take the day off and "gift" myself with a great workout, but I didn't get to the hotel until 7:00pm, which puts me past my 6:30pm workout cutoff time.  If I workout past 6:30pm, I'm up all night due to excess energy.  Not worth it.

Ultimately, it was a STRONG workout week!  FIVE out of SEVEN days makes me really happy and really proud of all of that sweat.  I'm hoping that this week will be equally strong.


Year-to-Date Workout Stats
I'm also going to start a tally that you'll see every Workout Wednesday, showing how many days were workout days and how many days weren't.  LOOKIN' GOOD SO FAR!  WOO HOO!

Work Out Days: 8
Lazy Days: 2

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At January 11, 2012 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Sharlie said...

Way to goo!! U are a true inspiration :)
And Happy B-lated B-day!!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 9:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (a day late)!! Love your blog!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Mom on a mission said...

Belated Bday wishes!! Love your energy and the picture made me laugh:) Coming from a natural redhead myself:)

 
At January 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Della said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!~You are doing Awesome!!!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

LOVE the comic :) So proud of you Kelly...My new workout buddy (from across the Country) ;)

 
At January 19, 2012 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

Isn't that awful when someone ruins your workout because they don't use deodorant? Man alive! I can definitely appreciate 5.5 minutes without stopping on the treadmill - that's like a marathon to a person who doesn't ever run! Great job with this WOW week Kelly - very impressive! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home