This Page

has been moved to new address

New Recipe: Hoisin-Lime Pork and Boston Lettuce Wraps

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: New Recipe: Hoisin-Lime Pork and Boston Lettuce Wraps

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New Recipe: Hoisin-Lime Pork and Boston Lettuce Wraps

Tonight was a groundbreaking night at my house.  Now, this may sound unbelievable, but tonight was...




THE VERY FIRST TIME I'VE EVER COOKED PORK


I've mentioned before that I started out my life as an extremely picky eater.  I wouldn't eat pork.  There was NO WAY.  My mom made pork chops quite often, and I refused to touch them.  That's about the only pork I remember. I'm sure there were others, but it was eliminated from my repertoire pretty early on.


Since then, I do eat pork at times; however, this was literally the very first time I've ever purchased or handled pork.  Overall, it was a HUGE success! 


Tonight's meal was.... BANANAS.  Weight Watchers listed it as an appetizer, but I made it my meal - - a meal that I can't wait to eat tomorrow as leftovers.  SO GOOD.


This recipe is brought to you from this cookbook.  A fave in my place, as you know.


Hoisin Pork and Boston Lettuce Wraps
From Weight Watchers Five Ingredient 15 Minute Recipes - Summer 2011
Serves 12
Points Plus per Serving: 2


INGREDIENTS


1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. water
3 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
Cooking spray
3 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, cut into 24 thin strips
12 Boston lettuce cups

INSTRUCTIONS


1.  Combine the first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.



2.  Combine coleslaw, cilantro, and peanuts; set aside.



3.  Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Add pork; saute 4 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove from pan.


4.  Fill each lettuce leaf with pork, hoisin-lime sauce, and coleslaw mix.


SERVING SIZE:  1 lettuce leaf, 2 slices pork, about 2 tsp. hoisin-lime sauce, and about 1/4 cup coleslaw mix


PER SERVING:  CALORIES 81; FAT 3.7g; PROTEIN 6.9g; CARB 5.3g; FIBER 1g; SODIUM 130mg; WW Points Plus per Serving: 2

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At January 17, 2012 at 7:18 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I WANT THIS IMMEDIATELY.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 8:11 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I think I say this every time, but it's VERY possibly my new favorite dish...

 
At January 17, 2012 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Gerald L. Guy said...

I've never heard of this hoisin sauce. I'll hav to look it up, because this sounds pretty good.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Tim said...

Yummy! This looks delicious! If I fly you to England, can you make this for me??? haha

 
At January 17, 2012 at 6:29 PM , Anonymous Mama Zee said...

Holy moly, that looks good!

As a side note, I can't imagine never eating pork. I'm not eating it at the moment, and I feel a little bit of me die inside every day.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 9:02 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Dad - The hoisin sauce is in the Asian section. It's a sweetish brown sauce. Seriously try this, you'll love it!

@Tim - Too funny! Might be cheaper to just make it on your own. :)

@Mama - I've eaten some pork, but not much. It's much better than I thought!!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM , Blogger Momma Buzz said...

Here is why I love this post:

1. I'm really not a fan of pork. In my mind it gives off this fatty connotation. However, I know you can buy lean cuts of it... I just haven't figured out a way to incorporate it into my repertoire. I don't like lettuce and other "salad" components (I'm sooooo picky) but I admit that your recipe does look good!

2. YOU could be WW new spokesperson... lol.. even though you live and breathe Jenny :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home