This Page

has been moved to new address

For the Love of Wednesday...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
No Thanks to Cake: For the Love of Wednesday...

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

For the Love of Wednesday...

Let the travel games begin!  I'm off to Idaho for a few days and begrudgingly packed a suitcase today.  How will I survive without my fridge full of veggies and my heated mattress pad??  Oh, I've become spoiled.  Traveling is what I do though.  So, here we go again...


ONE
WHEN YOU GOTTA GO, YOU GOTTA GO
If you've never been to a movie with someone who walks out in the last 15 minutes, you've never been to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with THIS GIRL.  I went to see this movie last weekend with some friends.  I've read the book, so I knew what was coming.  However, I wasn't ready for all that twistedness to be up there on the screen in full-color and surround sound.  If you've read the book (or saw the movie), I left when Martin got home and found Mikael in his house.  Yep, that was my cue to exit.  Allegedly, there were only 15 minutes left, but I didn't need to see them!  


When I got home, I made my friend Jaede stay on the phone with me while I checked all the rooms and closets for creepy, perverse serial killers.  (Yes, I just confessed that.)  Bottom line:  Creepy Movies + Me are not a good combination.


TWO
I AM DRINKING TEA AGAIN
I started drinking tea last year when I first joined Jenny.  It seemed like a sweetish treat I could enjoy at the end of the night that had no calories.  It also was a new healthy habit, and I have been trying to collect those for about 13 months now.


I bought two teas that I never tried when summer rolled along.  I've officially tried both, and I'm in love!  Republic of Tea makes a Red Velvet Chocolate tea and a Peppermint Chocolate tea.  I've become a HUGE fan of both and you can find them at Whole Foods in their ENORMOUS tea section.


Pictured on the above right is a cup of the Red Velvet Tea because I loved the color!  Do me a favor, don't expect it to taste EXACTLY like the cake + frosting, but TRY IT.  You'll like it... I promise!



THREE
I LAUGHED SUPER HARD AT BIGGEST LOSER LAST NIGHT
Bob Harper was KILLING me last night, and Dolvett had a few zingers, too. (i.e. "I have a Golden Girl (on my team) and Santa Claus.")   I love, LOVE that show.  So far, my favorites are the two ladies that used to be athletes.  That weight lifter is going to be a fierce competitor! New faves always emerge over time, of course.  Stay tuned!  







FOUR
UH-OH...
I ate the VERY last JC Cinnamon Roll package that was in my freezer on New Year's Day.  PLEASE Jenny bring back the Cinnamon Rolls sooner rather than later!  They said it would be a few months.  Not sure I'll make it that long. Seriously.




FIVE
SLOW DOWN!
Time is completely flying by... and next Tuesday, that 35 won't only be the speed limit in some residential areas, but it will also represent my age!  Eeks!  I'll officially be MID-THIRTIES.  However, dear readers, I'll still refer to myself as "thirty-something" likely until the end of time... you won't mind, will you?


I'm having dinner with friends to celebrate this weekend and considering making a famous "diet cake" that I had for my 22nd birthday during one of my rounds on WW.  (Thanks, Linda Lou, for the introduction to this tasty treat.)  I know it's strange to bring your own cake to your birthday dinner, but I might be baking this weekend.  Don't worry, I'll save you a slice.





Cheers to a Great Wednesday!

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At January 4, 2012 at 8:22 AM , Anonymous Amy Benitez said...

Will you post the diet cake recipe if you make it!? My birthday is next month and I reeeealllyyy want a cake, but not a diet-ending kind of thing. Also-- did you like the book? I have it on my Kindle but got stuck in the first chapter and can't decide if I should press on.

 
At January 4, 2012 at 8:27 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

I'll definitely post the recipe if I make it. :). And, the first 100 pages of the book are HORRIBLE, but I promise it picks up. I sorta skimmed and didn't miss anything that mattered. It's worth reading if you can get through the beginning.

 
At January 4, 2012 at 6:25 PM , Anonymous Tammy said...

I'm new to your blog and I LOVE it! So why are you traveling to Idaho? Work? Family? I'm originally from North Idaho, that's why the questions.

Those cinnamon rolls look fantastic.

I DVR Biggest Loser and can't wait to watch it tonight.

 
At January 5, 2012 at 12:34 AM , Blogger mama.on.the.move said...

ooh we dont have biggest loser in new zealand at the moment!! i miss it terribly!

 
At January 5, 2012 at 12:44 AM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Tammy - I travel a LOT for business. Usually about a week a month in Idaho, but mostly the Southern parts (today = Twin Falls and Boise). The cinnamon rolls will rock our world. Keep asking your JCC about them....

@Mama... WHOA....NTTC just went global! Love. it.

 
At January 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM , Blogger Alexis {Diva on a Diet} said...

Omg, the golden girl and santa clause comment was priceless! I heart bob! This is gonna be a good season of BL!

 
At January 6, 2012 at 9:03 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Alexis - I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved that. Great premiere and left me excited about what will come next!!!

 
At January 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Robin said...

Was the movie good? I've been looking forward to seeing it. Happy early birthday, I think I need a piece of that cake in honor of your day! ;)

 
At January 6, 2012 at 9:49 PM , Blogger No Thanks to Cake said...

@Robin - I left the movie. You decide. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home